Make the smile of your dreams come true with porcelain veneers in Blue Springs, MO
If you have ever admired the picture-perfect smiles sported by Hollywood celebrities, then you have probably seen porcelain veneers. This procedure is popular among movie stars for good reason: it is a fast and convenient way to change virtually anything that you dislike about the appearance of your smile. However, the benefits of porcelain veneers are not reserved for Hollywood stars – they are available right here at McDaniel Family Dental in Blue Springs, MO.
What are porcelain veneers?
Veneers are thin shells of dental porcelain, which are adhered to the visible surfaces of your teeth. On average, they are only about as thick as contact lenses. Therefore, the procedure is gentle and conservative, requiring minimal tooth preparation. Yet, veneers can completely cover the parts of teeth that show when you smile, making them a powerful cosmetic treatment.
Porcelain dental veneers can be a good option for:
- Improving or changing the shape of teeth
- Replacing worn tooth enamel
- Covering stains that do not respond to teeth whitening treatment
- Closing gaps between teeth
- Improving the appearance of mildly crooked teeth
- Repairing some minor chips or fractures
- Changing the color of naturally dark teeth
- Correcting uneven size or shape of teeth
- Much more
About the procedure
The process is fast and straightforward. The first and most important step is treatment planning. Porcelain veneers are sometimes called the single-procedure smile makeover because they can correct multiple cosmetic issues, or completely change the appearance of your smile. However, veneers do not have to create a dramatic change unless that is what you want. Maybe you love your smile… except for this one little problem. In that case, veneers can be designed to replicate the size, shape, and color of your teeth, with only a slight change. It is up to you. Just tell us about your aesthetic goals, and our advanced smile design techniques can make them happen.
The actual procedure typically just takes a couple of visits.
- First, we will prepare your teeth and use the TRIOS scanner to take digital “impressions.” Your treatment plan and images are emailed to the lab, so that your permanent veneers can be created quickly. If necessary, we will place temporary veneers to protect your teeth in the meantime.
- The next visit takes place when your new custom veneers are ready. We remove the temporaries (if used) and clean your teeth. We will check the fit and appearance of your new veneers to make sure they are perfect, and then affix them to your teeth with a permanent bonding agent. That is it – you are ready to show off your dazzling new smile!
Are you ready to take the first step?
Call McDaniel Family Dental at (816) 227-6588 and schedule a consultation to find out if you are a good candidate for porcelain veneers.